Skip to content
- HAILSTORM BY MD. NASIM FARDOUS ZIM
- HAILSTORM Any thunderstorm which produces hail that reaches the ground is known as a hailstorm. Hailstorm is a form of solid precipitation.
- Types of Hailstorm Hailstorm has no types. PREDICTION Hailstorm doesn’t have a sufficient prediction system right now.
- CAUSES OF HAILSTORM Hailstorms form within an unusually unstable air mass, that is, an air mass in which the temperature falloff with height is much greater than normal. The unstable air is necessary to produce large updraft speeds fast enough to keep a developing hailstone from falling to the ground. In a hailstorm, small ice particles that form above the freezing level (which occurs in all thunderstorms) collect either rain water or cloud water on them, forming a water shell that freezes. The tilted updraft and downdraft structure of the storm is important in order for hailstones to grow because they can be ‘recycled’ several times, until they either become too large for the updraft to carry them, or they get caught in a downdraft, and they finally reach the.
- DISTRIBUTION OF HAILSTORM Hail occurs most frequently within continental interiors at mid- latitudes. Hail is less common in the tropics despite a much higher frequency of thunderstorms than in the mid-latitudes. Hail in the tropics occurs mainly at higher elevations. Hail is also much more common along mountain ranges . One of the most notorious regions for large hail is the mountainous area of northern India and Bangladesh ,which allegedly has more hail-related deaths than anywhere else in the world and also some of the largest hailstones ever measured.
- IMPACTS OF HAILSTORM Most humans are able to seek shelter when a hail storm hits. However, if someone is unable to run for cover, sizable hail can injure or even kill him. Hail stones can be as large as a football, and they can hit with the same force as a 100 mph fastball coming right at someone at the surface. Hail damage has been known to be harmful to trees, plants, crops and flower beds. Even small pieces of hail combined with strong winds can be damaging to vegetation such as lettuce, cabbage and spinach. After the hail has melted, it has the same effects on the environment as rain water. Water is one of the best natural resources and melted hail soaks into the ground and replenishes lakes, rivers, streams and other water reservoirs. It can also sustain plant, animal and human life. However, too much water can cause soil erosion and have a crippling effect on homes, trees and the environment. Hail can destroy properties such as cars, roof, shingles, siding, gutters, windows and other items around the home.
- PREVENTION FOR HAILSTORM: Remain indoors during the hail storm to avoid injury. Hail has caused fatalities in the past, so staying indoors is important. Be sure to bring family pets indoors. The deadliest recorded hailstorm claimed the lives of 1,600 domesticated animals. Move automobiles into garages or carports. Stay away from windows that are being struck with hail to avoid injury. Do not use electronics. Often hail is part of a severe storm which likely includes lightning. The weather conditions that causes hail can also cause.
- Thank You For Watching. 7/11/2018 8